Our Dartmoor Challenge Walk started in 2016 and brings together a range of people either fundraising towards their place on one of our overseas trips or just raising money for one of our children’s project.
The two day (about 20 mile) walk starts at The Old Inn car park in Widecombe in the Moor (TQ13 7TA) on Saturday 24th March 2018 at 9am and finishes with lunch back at the Inn at 2pm on Sunday 25th March, which means there is a night under canvas as well !
Dont worry, if you’re not a seasoned walker, the route is designed to challenge but also to enjoy with a few pub stops on the way, you will be shown and then asked to map read and take charge of the compass and after erecting your tent, theres always time for a drink around an open fire (weather permitting of course)
The entry fee is £25 per person and this goes towards the running of Adventure Aid, and heres your kit list;
- Waterproof walking boots
- 3 pairs of walking socks and of course a change of underwear
- lightweight walking trousers (not jeans)
- lightweight t shirt / top / fleece top
- lightweight waterproof jacket (pak-a-mac)
- Water bottle / snacks for the walk
- Food for the evening (noodles etc are ideal)
- Small cooking stove just to boil water! (we can help with this)
- a tent which can handle a light rain shower (ideally share with a friend) , sleeping mat and 2 season sleeping bag (all of which will be taken to the camping location for you)
- torch and toilet roll!
- money for sat/sun lunch or bring debit card
And thats it! all to go in a 20-25 litre rucksack.
We will need to know when you register if you have a medical conditions or medications as you need to be physically fit to complete the walk but there is no age restriction as this is a team challenge.
For more information drop us an email, otherwise I look forward to seeing you at the start!